People have been using this singing meditation bowl for thousands of years. Their origin is unknown, but it is believed that they first originated in either Nepal or India. In Tibet they were largely used as a ceremonial instrument and initially as possibly food bowls. It was not until the 1970’s that singing meditation bowl also became popular throughout the west when their many positive benefits were discovered.
Singing meditation bowl not only look great, they also have many amazing healing and transformative properties.
6 benefits of using a singing bowl:
Promote Deep Relaxation:
Holding a singing meditation bowl in the palm of your hand and using a wooden mallet or ‘striker’ in the other hand as if you are holding a pen, by gently and slowly going around the edge of the bowl with the mallet in a clockwise direction, the bowl will start to ‘sing.’ As you hear the wonderful tone and feel the bowl vibrate, you will become more conscious of your breathing and feel more relaxed.
Reduce Stress and Anxiety:
The resonance of the bowl synchronizes brain waves to induce a deep meditative and peaceful state.
In the Indian system of healing, when a physical dysfunction occurs, it is believed that one or more chakras are blocked, or unbalanced. Many people find that the rich blend of harmonic overtones which the bowls produce, have a direct positive affect on balancing the chakras.
Aid the Immune System:
It is said that the vibrations from a singing meditation bowl can also help to stimulate the immune system. Every part of our body is vibrating. The sound frequencies created by a singing bowl help to restore, optimize and balance the flow of energy in the parts of the body where this is required.
Get in “The Zone”:
Singing meditation bowl cause the brain to switch to Theta brainwave frequencies that heighten one’s clarity, intuition, as well as deep peaceful and meditative states. Scientists have discovered the upper end of the theta brainwave range produced by a singing bowl is what is considered vital to the healing of the body, mind, and spirit. This is referred to as “being in the zone.”
Improve Circulation and Bloodflow:
A study published in the American journal of Health Promotion in 2014 found a greater reduction in systolic blood pressure and heart rate after a 12 minute relaxation session of singing bowls compared to silence. The sound from a bowl can reduce brain activity and therefore slow down our respiration and heart rate.
1. Different sizes have different tones. We provided 8 sizes for your choose from 8cm(3.14″) to 17.5cm(6.8″).
2. Great for Buddhist Ritual Implements, Yoga, Meditation, Healing, Home Decoration Crafts and Gift.
3. Creates a beautiful peaceful calming & relaxing sound when tapped or played around the rim. Perfect for when you want time to yourself to relax or meditate.
4. Singing bowls are used during Prayer, Yoga practices and Meditation for generating positive energy. These singing Singing Bowls generate harmonic sound for sound therapy and chakra healing. They are also used to reduce stress, initiate healing, and induce tranquil silence.
5. The Meditation Bowl Set fits in the palm of your hand, looks great on your desk or shelf, and adds a fun and harmonious flavor to your decor.
How to Use:
1. Place the bowl on the palm of the hand or soft padded cushion (not included unless purchase).
2. With the mallet in one hand, balance the bowl in place while holding the cushion in the other hand.
3. Gently tap the mallet to the outside and inside edges of the bowl or play it around the rim.
4. The resonant sounds & deep vibrations will fill and calm your soul.